[Chat] repoen the Enchanted Forest??

Crystal cver1001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 14:11:49 EST 2003

Sounds like it was very nice and somewhat like the
Magic Forest that I used to visit near Lake George,
NY. But I'm concerned about the reference in the news
story to wetlands. Given the degree of development in
the Baltimore/Washington region and the continued poor
status of the Bay, it might be better to leave the
Enchanted Forest closed and also make it off limits to
development for other purposes. Theme parks are fun,
but so is going fishing with grandpa and actually
catching fish, having crab fests, etc. In the mean
time, the Magic Forest is still open, and upstate NY
is hurting for lack of tourism.

If we can't make sacrifices for the Bay in Maryland,
how can we convince farmers in Pennsylvania to change
their farming practices to lower their impact on the
Bay? Or convince watermen in Virginia not to harvest
the sponge crabs? Or convince anybody not to dump
chemicals in the storm drains?

Just a thought ...

Crystal

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/2674447/detail.html