[Chat] RE: joining club cost??

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Tue Feb 25 00:34:31 EST 2003

Hi, Christine,

first and most importantly: you don't have to join
to go to the free networking events.  They mention
that you can join, but there is no hard sell at all.
I've been to a few, mostly to take friends or to
tour the mansion.  It's a great place.  Part of
the film Twelve Monkeys was shot there.

Qualifications are minimal, basically a college
degree.  Check out http://www.esb.org for
details.  Dues are about $600 per year, I believe,
so it's not cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than,
oh, say, the Maryland Club.

Someday I might join as I think it's a worthy
organization.  A lot of their budget goes to
renovating the Garrett-Jacobs Mansion.

--Emil