[Chat] ...Chaz-ville Racounteur...

arjay arjay at bcpl.net
Tue May 20 22:18:44 EDT 2003

CV,

Well, ...there I was this evening, ...sitting in front of Eddie's enjoying a
salad.

When, ...down the street careens one of the neighborhood locals ("Bill X."),
...a guy we have all seen, who had obviously spent way too much time in Rocky
Run or the "Pub" this afternoon sipping the suds, ...I could see that he had
even managed to "spit up" down the front of himself, and was now attempting to
aim himself home.  I believe it's referred to as "Juiced"!  From his condition
I could tell he didn't have a chance of reaching his destination.  He sat down
at Eddie's for a breather, ...and to talk this circumstance over with himself,
...and also to check his compass I believe.

At that point, he was approached by a young man and a young woman from the CV
Safety Patrol.  A short, calm, conversation took place between the three of
them, ...and then he quietly got up, ...and walked away being helped by the
arm, by one of the Patrol(persons).  At the end of the block he was distracted
by a chat with some friends of his along the way, ...and he then kind of
brushed the Patrol away, ...but they hung out, ...and waited for him to finish
his chat, ...and then kind of tagged along behind him, ...just far enough away
so as to not be too conspicuous, ...and the one ahead, ...with the two behind
headed up Saint Paul Street until out of sight.

I know that this guy has been mugged before and has had his wallet taken in a
similar circumstance, ...and in his condition this evening he was asking for
it again.  He might not have made it home if the Patrol had not noticed him
and been interested in keeping an eye on him.

I was impressed with their attention to this situation and perseverance.

I saw the Patrol return about 10 minutes later and they indicated he had "been
delivered".

So, ...some good things do happen, ...it just ain't all as negative as some
people love to report!

Regards, Arjay