[Chat] Lebanese cuisine at Carlyle Club

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Wed Oct 1 23:26:34 EDT 2003

This evening I had dinner at the Carlyle Club with my friend
Dave.  They serve "traditional Lebanese cuisine".  We both
got the Spiced Pumpkin Soup as an appetizer, because it sounded
the best, and it was good.  (Fans of Kaddo Borawni pumpkin
at the Helmand take note!)  They also served some fresh pita bread
with very good olives, for the table.  As main dish, Dave
got the shrimp kebab, which he said was excellent.  I got the
sesame seed scallops in tamarind sauce.  They were very tasty,
and came with a delicious side of snap peas and (shiitake?)
mushrooms sauteed in butter (but there was no side of rice).
Overall, this was quite good.  I think my main dish was about $15,
and Dave's kebab was about $17.