[Chat] Presents

Crystal cver1001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 12:35:57 EDT 2003

The week after going to the Dalai Lama teaching in
Central Park on Sept. 21, Justin & I got three of my
favorite kinds of presents:

Monday - finding the door unlocked at the antique and
used furniture store by the Farmer's Market (it had
been left unlocked since the preceding Saturday).
Fortunately, they keep their phone number by the door
so we could let them know that they needed to lock up
properly. Also, there was a pad lock handy, so we
could partially secure the place before going on our
way.

Wednesday - getting a call that a
previously-unknown-to-me friend of my sister's was
stuck at the Baltimore bus station with no place to
stay.

Friday - finding a woman's wallet on the ground in the
bus shelter at 31st and St. Paul with her whole week's
paycheck in cash inside. Fortunately, her ID card was
inside and we immediately went to her apartment to
return her wallet.

I think Ksenia's visit was the luckiest; if she hadn't
been here, I was tempted to go to a speech by Ann
Coulter at Shriver Hall and throw tomatoes.

This week Michael Moore will be speaking at Shriver
Hall at 8 pm on Friday October 10th. It's free and
open to the public. Michael's films include "Roger &
Me" and "Bowling for Columbine." He has several books
as well, which he will be autographing, including
"Stupid White Men," "Downsize This! Random Threats
from an Unarmed American," and "Dude, Where's My Country?"