[Chat] Not quite 2 restaurant reviews

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 09:59:19 EDT 2004

On Friday March 19, my folks were visiting and my
brother had some really good news so we all went out
to celebrate at Saffron, 802 North Charles Street (Mt.
Vernon), 410-528-1616, www.saffronusa.com . The
website recommends reservations, but we didn't have
any.

Since it was so long ago, I don't think I can
accurately tell you what we ordered, but the food was
great, the atmosphere was perfect, and we really liked
our waiter, Oscar. My brother specifically said that
his filet mignon was the best that he'd ever had. I
think the bill worked out to about $35 per person with
2 bottles of wine and a couple of shared appetizers.
So it's definitely something to do for special
occasions.

Also, awhile ago Justin got a gift certificate to the
Melting Pot in Towson from a patient's family. Before
Justin started working I never knew that people gave
nurses gifts, but Justin gets something nice every
couple of months, though it's usually a lot smaller,
like a box of chocolates.

The Melting Pot is definitely a place that needs
reservations. Our families had missed the fondue craze
in the 70's so we weren't quite sure what to expect
and we were pleasantly surprised! I wonder if anyone
has an old fondue set in storage that they wouldn't
mind parting with ...?

We shared the Yin & Yang drink, and the Fondue Feast,
which was very good, but way too much food. We could
have skipped the Entree entirely and been happy with
the traditional swiss cheese fondue with extra garlic,
chef's salad, and cookies 'n' cream dessert. As it
worked out, we thought we might not be able to eat
everything and set our salads aside to take home. It
was a little confusing to figure out the different
combinations of styles, but we settled on Coq au Vin
for the entree and the other styles mentioned above.
Our waitress/tableside chef, Sally, was very helpful
in explaining how the whole thing worked.

Directions and a menu can be found at
http://www.meltingpot.com/Locations/LocationDisplay.asp?p1=1188
Their phone number is (410) 821-6358.

:)