[Chat] RE:...Night Out for Crime!...

Sarah Andrew Wilson sarah at phloot.com
Wed Aug 4 09:57:37 EDT 2004

What a wonderful night we had at our National Night Out BBQ at 31st and
Guilford!  Big thanks to Didon Pachner, Odette Ramos, and Grillmaster
Joel Wilson for all of their help in coordinating the event.  We had a
very large gathering (someone counted 100 neighbors that came through!)
with great discussion about our community, politics, gardens, food, and
everything in between.

To top the evening off, Mayor O'Malley stopped by!  What a great guy.
He stayed for about a half hour and after talking about schools, trash
pick up, monkeys, his time at the Boston convention, and Baltimore's
diversity, I could see why everyone seems to like him.  Channel 2 also
came by for footage and Channel 13 at least drove past (how did they
miss us?!).  Emil and Val have lots of pictures that I hope they'll
share.

Afterwards, Joel and I went to Rocky Run.  We were pleasantly surprised
to see the Mayor there as well!  He visited for another half hour and
after he left Joel and I stayed late with his staffers.  Good times and
great people.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by last night.  It was a big
success!

Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah Andrew Wilson