[Chat] Giant

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Sat Aug 7 00:15:37 EDT 2004

i doth think my math is much different from the new giant.
hang with me a moment.
0N SALE    Dole Fruit Juice bars(in the ice cream section)
2 for $5.00 SAVE $2.98. the only problem is that the shelf price says $3.39. 2 for $5 comes out to $2.50 each. do the math. there is a difference of $0.89. $2.98(the savings) divided by 2 is $1.49 savings on each box of fruit juice bars.
$0.89 is not the same as $1.49.  in small print on the sale sign it says regular price $3.99. THE SHELF PRICE $3.39.
I had the manager called, a Mr. Pey, who agreed with me that everything about the sale was wrong but the item was still going to be sold for 2/$5.00.
is it me or is there from wrongdoing here?

i also noticed sales on items the store didn't have. the shelf did not list the item yet it was on sale. go figure.

comments appreciated.
judy  all math confused.