[Chat] Crime wave in Charles Village??

Didon Pachner pachner at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 18 12:09:16 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but it
seemed SO important that I had bring it up (again??).

I have been hearing reports about NUMEROUS (at least 35
when I was told) break-ins in Charles Village recently and wanted
to verify this.  I know that this "crime wave" has been brought up at
one of the recent meetings but don't know which one (Benefits District
or one of the other ones, I don't keep track).  I'm surprised it wasn't
passed on to us.

So I checked out the online police stats and found the reports to
be true.  I checked from November 1to today and saw a whole bunch
of break-ins, "larceny from vehicles", and car thefts.

If you want to see these stats for yourself, go to:

    http://141.157.54.34/bpdmaps/    (Baltimore police crime-site)
    Search by neighborhood
    Set Police District to "Northern district"
    Set Neighborhood to "Charles Village"
    Set a time period
        (note: you are restricted to a 2-week time period
                so if you want to see a long period of time, you
                have to do a bunch of searches)

I don't know about you but this is REALLY upsetting to me.  Are
we doing something about this?  From the posts I have read I understand
that we do have more police than usual.  But is there anything else we
can do?

If the Benefits District is aware of these stats, should we have been
informed?

Didon