[Chat] Read this and tell me honestly, should I come to Baltimore?

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Thu Feb 19 00:06:20 EST 2004

Hi, I saw your post asking about Baltimore on the Craig's List
page http://baltimore.craigslist.org/rnr/24664157.html .

I think it's a great city.  Let me address specifically your points
about bands, poetry and films.  Baltimore is pretty good for
all of these.  I live in the neighborhood called Charles Village.
There is an active indy music scene in Baltimore.  The Ottobar
on Howard has bands all the time:

http://www.theottobar.com/ .

Poetry: there are several literary and creative associations in
Baltimore.  The Lite Circle is one.

http://www.toadmail.com/~litecirc-literary/index.htm .

For independent films, you can't beat The Charles Theater:

http://www.thecharles.com/ .

Hope this helps,

--Emil

Emil Volcheck