[Chat] Re: [Discussion] New Giant

Emily Chalmers echalmers at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 28 16:35:53 EDT 2004

I went to see this gigantic box the other night and was overwhelmed, and
not pleasantly. For me, it is just too big, and I continue to question the
wisdom of putting these giant (no un intended) boxes into city areas. It
also doesn't seem to me to offer any great price savings, and one could
waste a lot of time just getting from point A to point B. Although the
store may be useful for people in the  vicinity and directly north and
east, I won't go there unless dire necessity forces me--I'll stick with the
Safeway. It;'s big, but at least I don't feel like I need a bicycle to
navigate it. Better yet, I'll shop at Eddie's.

I hope people won't give up on the Safeway. That company was willing to
come here before the housing prices went up, and the store has done a lot
to try to improve its selection in recent months. I've shopped at Safeways
in city areas for years and have appreciated the fact that the chain at
least is somewhat willing to site stores in diverse areas.

That's all for now--gotta go drop my film off at the Safeway.

Emily Chalmers
echalmers at mindspring.com
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.