[Chat] Community coucil flyer March

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Mon Mar 15 11:16:40 EST 2004

Hope this works.  judy
BALTIMORE  POLICE DEPARTMENT
NORTHERN DISTRICT
2201 WEST COLDSPRING LANE BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21209

                                                                              March 9, 2004

Dear Community Leader:

In lieu of the March 17th Northern District Community Council meeting, we would like to ask you as council members to join us for an evening of enlightening training. We would like you to participate with us in the Uniformed Sensitivity in Action Training Program (USA). Participation in this program has been somewhat disappointing to date. We would like to ask you to take this opportunity to show your support for the police and your community by producing a record showing for this training session. This training will be held on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 at 6:30 p.m. We will meet at the Northern District, 2201 West Coldspring Lane. (Just west of Interstate 83 on Coldspring Lane). Transportation to and from police headquarters will be provided. We will begin the van shuttle promptly at 6:00 p.m. If necessary we will make several trips. Again this training will be in place of the regular Wednesday Community Council meeting.

The USA Program
This program gives citizens and police officers alike the unique opportunity of directly educating and influencing each other. Participants will address and discuss sensitive issues while working together within a collaborative environment.
Officers and citizens will be asked to review several police scenarios. Each scenario will depict some type of police and citizen interaction. After reviewing each situation, small groups will be formed to critique each scenario. Group participants will discuss both the actions of the police and the citizen reactions they invoked. Participants will discuss what they observed, how it made them feel and most importantly, what could have been done differently to better serve our communities.
Light dinner will be served.

						Please Join Us,
	Northern District Community Affairs Office
	2201 West Coldspring Lane
	Baltimore, Md. 21209
	410-367-8491
  		Officer Doug Gibson    Douglas.Gibson at BaltimorePolice.Org
		Officer Jon Walter       Jonathan.Walter at BaltimorePolice.Org