[Chat] what virus, crystal?

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 12:19:26 EDT 2004

I'm only moderately knowledgeable about computers and
viruses and such. I haven't figured out yet exactly
which nasty bug is on my computer, so right now I'm
borrowing someone else's. Perhaps over the weekend
I'll have time to work on it.

In the meantime, I can just reiterate what all the
computer techs say:

-- Back up your data (large hard drives are relatively
cheap compared to a few years ago -- an extra one can
serve as a storage device)
-- Update your anti-virus software frequently
-- Use a firewall (there's hardware and software
firewalls)
-- If you use Windows, visit www.msn.com to get
windows updates and patches.
-- Be really wary of e-mail attachments, messages from
people that you don't know, and malicious websites.

Good luck!

Crystal