[Chat] election day

Dweckesser at cs.com Dweckesser at cs.com
Tue Nov 2 15:37:19 EST 2004

I was in line for a bit more than 2 hours (~8:45 a.m.-10:00a.m.) to vote,
because of the big turnout and during the 1st 30 minutes or so most people
(including me) were in the M-Z line. The folks with last names beginning with A-L
got through much faster.

My husband went to vote nearer to lunch time but decided to leave work early
instead since some neighbors were still waiting after 1 1/2 hours.

We've lived in the 'hood since 1986 and I've never seen the turnout so good.
Long live democracy!

>>>dweckesser at cs.com 11/02/2004 2:23:43 PM >>>

People are waiting 1 to 1-1/2 hours to vote. I've voted here for 32
years, and I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes before. My
neighbor has been voting for 53 years, and she said this is the largest
turnout she's ever seen. I think it's a very good omen. Many of those
waiting in line with me were 25 or 30 years old.

Linda

>>>jfspur at hotmail.com 11/02/2004 2:23:43 PM >>>
The polls are very busy. Be prepared to wait if you haven't voted
already.

Because I had a flexible schedule today, I returned to Margaret Brent
ES
three times hoping to vote when the lines were shorter.

Things looked much better at 1:00 p.m., however it still took over an
hour
to vote.

This is by far the biggest turnout that I've experienced.

John