[Chat] ...sandwich board signs in CV...

arjay arjay at bcpl.net
Fri Nov 12 10:43:49 EST 2004

Dawna,

I don't have any interesting chat, ...but your email reminded me of something
I have been meaning to ask you about.

I am very unhappy with the two sandwich board signs that Ruby Tuesday puts out
every day, ...one out on the sidewalk in front of their store near the service
drive and the second one actually in the grassy median between the service
drive and Charles Street.  I believe it says "TO GO" with an arrow indicating,
...hey passersby, ...here's where you can get some carry out, ...follow the
arrow.

Blimpie's also puts one out on the sidewalk at Charles and 31st.  I think they
look like hell and Charles Street has a much too classy character for these
signs to be tolerated!  All we need is for Charles Street after the
reconstruction to look trashy with too much commercial advertising!

Do the signs bother you and your neighbors?

I'm trying to build some steam up with CVCA regarding looking into sign
ordinances and this issue and wanted to get a feel for whether I'm the only
one who has noticed or are there others?

Arjay
_____

Chat List <Chat at charlesvillage.info> =====
>send me your news for my next Chat column in the Charles Villager!  Dawna
Cobb