[Chat] Re: Re: [Neighbors] An interesting Baltimore Website (& exhibition), check it ou

Moscatt at aol.com Moscatt at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 12:14:35 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/4/2004 10:40:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
william.schlegel at us.army.mil writes:  An interesting ;website, check it  out

_http://www.baltimoremd.com/_ (http://www.baltimoremd.com/)

Pardon my hubris but I'm piggybacking on to Brad's e-mail to push the
exhibition I just opened at Resurgam Gallery.  And the above website is  worth a
look, where does Brad find these?

Anyway, we opened at the Resurgam Gallery and I didn't see one Charles
Villager or Abell Avenue person there though I'm sure there was.  I'm  showing with
Timmerman Daugherty of the 2900 block and Guilford Avenue.   Timmie's website
is _http://weirdgardens.com/_ (http://weirdgardens.com/)  and also worth  a
visit.  Also showing is Lois Borgenicht of Mt. Washington.  Lois is  an artist
and the daughter of Grace Borgenicht who owned one of the great  prestige
galleries in New York, showing Milton Avery, Wolf Kahn etc.

I am going to be sitting at the gallery from 12 to 6 on Thursday and  Friday,
Oct 7 & 8th and from 3-6 Saturday, Oct 9.  If you  are a picker (mandolin,
guitar etc), I invite you to bring your instrument and  we can make our way
through some country or 40's, 50's standards.   I play mandolin and can fake it
pretty good.  Also if you are on the  discussion list and would like to arrange
a meeting in a neutral place for  your daily verbal combat, feel free to
visit.  And of course there is  a variety of art works - my figure paintings and
watercolors, Timmie's assembled  and fantastic ceramics, Lois's Still Life Oil
Paintings and Block Prints.

The address and info on the gallery is below.  By the way, my web site  is
_moscatt.com_ (http://moscatt.com)

Hope to see you at the Gallery.

Paul

RESURGAM GALLERY
910 SOUTH CHARLES STREET
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21230

LOIS BORGENICHT, TIMMERMAN DAUGHERTY, PAUL MOSCATT

OCTOBER 1 - 31, 2004

OPENING RECEPTION, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2  3 - 6  PM

GALLERY HOURS:  THURSDAY THRU SATURDAY 12-6
                               SUNDAY  12 - 3

STATEMENT - PAUL MOSCATT
I  was born in Brooklyn, NY, am a veteran painter and art teacher of  forty
years,
34 years at the Maryland  Institute.  I received my BFA and MFA from Yale
University School  of Art in 1963 after graduating from Cooper Union in New York
City in  the late '50s.    This exhibition consists of figure paintings  and
watercolors which reflect my modus operandi and  on going interest -  working
directly from  life.