[Chat] The Wire

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Mon Oct 4 22:57:12 EDT 2004

Sarah,

you wrote:

> ... How about a
> discussion about The Wire?  I've seen four episodes now and am hooked!
> Do you think the slimy Councilman is based on Martin O'Mally like the
> Sun indirectly suggested?
>
> Sarah

The Wire is so cool!  The DVDs of the first season are supposed to be
available at Video Americain on October 12th.  I've seen two episodes,
and I've been very impressed.  However we don't get HBO.  But The Wire
might be reason enough (or would you consider inviting guests to watch?).

Did you ever watch "Homicide: Life on the Streets"?  If you like
The Wire, you'll probably like Homicide.  I've DVDs of the first 3
seasons.

Did you hear David Simon and Rafael Alvarez speak about The Wire at
the Baltimore Book Festival?

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck