[Chat] "Light up the Night" Program

KERRY ALLEN KALLEN at umm.edu
Wed Apr 6 08:34:53 EDT 2005

What a terrific idea! Thanks for organizing this. We would love to have
2 bulbs (for our front and back porch), though we are happy to install
them ourselves.

Mark and Kerry Langkammerer
3048 Abell Avenue
410-243-9022

Thanks!!
-Kerry

>>> arjay at bcpl.net 04/05/05 9:13 PM >>>
Dear Charles Villager,

The CV "Light Up The Night" program would be DE-LIGHTED to provide
you with
two FREE CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light) BULBS to use on your front and
rear
porch. The BULBS are being offered WITHOUT CHARGE to all homes in the
Charles
Village Community. We will even install the BULBS for you! This is a
great way
to keep our neighborhood safer and friendlier and the price is right!
The only
way it could be better is if you also got cash to take them! Forget
that!

The CFL Bulbs use one-fourth of the energy of a standard incandescent
BULB of
the same wattage. That means you can light it twice as long and still
use only
half as much electricity as a regular incandescent light BULB. You will
also
find yourself climbing the ladder much less often to replace your porch
BULB.
These BULBS generally last up to thirteen time longer than an
equivalent
incandescent light BULBS!

By saving you both money and ladder time, we hope this BULB will
encourage you
to KEEP YOUR PORCH LIGHTS ON AT NIGHT! By just flicking on your light
switch
at night, you can help keep Charles Village safer. The better lighted
our
neighborhood streets are the fewer shadowy places for "the forces of
darkness"
to hide.

We do it all! The only thing we can't do is come over every night and
turn
them on for you! The only things you have to do are sign up for your
BULBS,
and then TURN THEM ON AFTER DARK.

It's that simple!

If you'd like to be more involved in this project, we could sure use
you as a
volunteer to distribute BULBS. We would appreciate it very, very much
if you
would spread the world to neighbors on your block who haven't gotten
the word
about this program yet. Perhaps you could organize your entire block,
or part
of your block, or perhaps a group of your immediate neighbors.

Then call us with your list of those who would like the FREE BULBS.

Contact us to sign up for your FREE BULBS or with any questions about
this
program.

Either "reply" directly to this email notice or call:

410-662-0446 (Richard Johnson)(Arjay)
If necessary leave a phone message.

Let us know the:

Name(s), Address(es), Phone Number(s), One or two BULBS desired?

"Light Up The Night" is a joint project of:

The Johns Hopkins University Office of Community Affairs
The Charles Village Civic Association
The Charles Village Community Benefit District
The Baltimore City Office of Neighborhoods
This document may contain protected health information about an identifiable patient

State and federal law protects the confidentiality of this information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing, or distributing this information.

You should immediately notify the sender by telephone or email and delete this document.