[Chat] Neighborhood walkers

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sun Apr 10 14:33:52 EDT 2005

Those of us who are organizing the restarting of neighborhood walkers in
the AIA area (and we hope that other areas will join us once we have
things organized and running in the AIA area) are looking at the moment
for places to advertise for participants.  In particular, we would like
to hear about web pages for the AIA area, anyone who publishes documents
for the AIA area, newsletters, flyers that we might advertise in, other
list-serves and e-mail lists besides the chat and discussion
list-serves, any meetings, etc.

If you have such information, please let me know the contact person for
each place that we may be able to advertise.

We also plan to flyer the AIA area.  And anyone interested in
volunteering now (either to help in the advertising or to walk at least
one hour per week or both) is welcome to join us.

Once we have a larger group of volunteers, we plan to arrange for
training from Northern District.  It is already being contacted in case
they need a bit of lead time (and they have told us that they do provide
such training for neighborhood walkers, for Community on Patrol which
involves driving around, etc.).

Steve.