[Chat] Property crime is up in CV

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Tue Aug 16 22:43:58 EDT 2005

I am told that the Baltimore City Police are reporting an increase in
burglaries between E. 33rd St. and E. 25th St. between Charles St. and
Barclay St.  Please be on the alert and call 911 if you see anything
suspicious.

Also, according to the UPS tracking, a package was delivered to me this
afternoon.  When I got home at almost 9 p.m., there was no package on my
porch.  So presumably someone is stealing packages from porches.  NOTE:
Ten years or so ago, Frank Rock caught someone who would follow the UPS
and other delivery trucks and pick up the packages from the porches;
with an artificial hip, Frank managed to follow the guy until he could
flag down a police car.  Be alert and just maybe we can get lucky again
(and now we have cell phones to call 911).

Finally, the Neighborhood Walkers in the Abell area will be out walking
soon.  Obviously, we need to do a lot of that, and not just in the Abell
area.

Steve.