[Chat] attempted break-in alert

crg langwidge at erols.com
Wed Aug 17 22:26:54 EDT 2005

My son prevented an attempted break-in at my next-door neighbor's house this
evening.

Matthew saw him climb onto our back porch and step over the fence that
separates our porches and then onto my neighbor's back porch.

He confronted the man who was trying to get in the backdoor.

The man said he saw a bed in the alley and wanted to get permission to take
it.

The bottom line: he got away but after trying to take the neighbor's bike.

Many police officers came about 20 minutes after I called 911.

They said they were late because they had just arrested a man who had broken
into St. John's church, 27th and St. Paul.

Matthew went to the police car to ID the man, but it wasn't the same man.

Description of the potential thief from next door:

Black man with dark skin

About 45-50 years old

5'10" to 6'

Thin