[Chat] stolen chair from backyard on the 2600 block of guilford

Eric A. Perlman eric at yikes.com
Fri Aug 19 18:43:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

Just a heads up that I had a chair (the foldable, transportable, kind)
stolen from my backyard this afternoon.  I usually bring it inside,
but it had been left outside for several days.  I keep the gate
closed, with a wooden bar across it.  Whoever stole the chair
removed the wooden bar, to get out the gate, and left it laying on
the ground in the alley.  I am guessing they entered through my
neighbor's unlocked, but closed, gate.

The chair primarily has sentimental value -- I received it while
interning at Google last summer.  It is somewhat unique, a large black
foldable chair with a Google pillow on it, in case anyone sees it
around the neighborhood.

Nothing else in my yard, or my neighbor's, was stolen, including
the (slightly) more valuable garden equipment that had been left
out.

Prior to this, the only other thefts we had were from the
repetitive flower thief, who kept digging up the flowers we
planted in the front yard.  I was tempted to plant onl
poisonous or spiney plants after that...

While I'm at it, I'd like to thank whoever managed to rear end
my back fence a few months ago, a neat trick, seeing as there
is an large parking pad between it and the alley!

Eric
2644 Guilford Ave.