[Chat] Fw: [I-NEIGHBORS] VISIT Druid Park Lake Drive Juvenile Center

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Thu Dec 8 11:34:20 EST 2005

 This message was sent by one of your neighbors using I-Neighbors.org.
-------------------------

Dear Communities,

There is a proposal on the table for the Dept. of Juvenile Services to open
a Baltimore City Day and Evening Reporting Center at 2920 Greenmount Ave.
Ms. Zarva Taru, from the Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center, presented
the idea at the Waverly Improvement Association Meeting on Tuesday, December
6th.  They stated that they have been in contact or will be in contact with
the community associations of Better Waverly, Harwood and Abell.  There will
be many more meetings and public forums about this plan for everyone to
participate in.

Ms. Zarva Taru invited a small amount of community members to view the
current facility at Druid Park Lake Drive.  Those who have been able to
visit the center said that it was the best way for them to understand what
they are trying to develop on Greenmount Ave.

I have arranged to take 6 community members to visit the facility on Friday,
December 16th at 7pm.  Again, the facility is small so she can only
accommodate a small group at a time without disrupting the program.  Please
send an email to dbowman at greaterhomewood.com or call 410-262-3510 if you'd
like to visit. (Preference will be given to diversifying community
representation.)

Thank you,
Destini K Bowman

******************************
Destini K Bowman
Public Safety Coordinator
Greater Homewood Community Corporation
3503 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218
Ph: 410-261-3510
Fax: 410-261-3506
Email: dbowman at greaterhomewood.org

"Strengthening Neighborhoods In North Central Baltimore"
www.greaterhomewood.org

 * Share your views with your elected officials and your community *
 *                 GovLink at www.i-neighbors.org                  *