[Chat] car repair

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Fri Feb 4 12:09:04 EST 2005

I forwarded some of your messages to my son Justin, who knows Ed Nemphos
from when his business was on Brentwood (the alley between Greenmount
and Barclay) and who worked for a few years as a car mechanic.  Thought
you might be interested in his comments.  -Linda

"I would NEVER trust anything JiffyLube does or says.  I wouldn't put
it past
them to put an old filter back on to try to win her business.  OK, it
is
probably more likely that Brentwood didn't change the oil, but I'm sure
it
was just a mistake.  Somebody was in a hurry and forgot to do it.

"If you want to cheat a customer, you do it in a way that they can't
plainly
see.  (Not that I cheated customers, of course :) )  For example, you
might
charge for a coolant flush and fill and only do a drain and fill or
you
might charge for a brake service (clean and adjust) and not really do
it
(that, by the way, is a common one)."