[Chat] Community Safety Meeting - 15 Feb 2005!!

Didon Pachner pachner at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 5 10:40:22 EST 2005

Hi All,

By now you know there is a "buzz" to do our part, as a community, to improve safety in our area.

I am writing to follow up on conversations I have had with many of you about a grass roots community safety effort in this area.

We are planning to meet on:

               Tuesday, February 15, 2005
               Barclay Recreation Center
               6:30pm-8:30pm
               Light snacks will be provided
               RSVP (I need a head count)

Spread the word!!  We will be talking about all the different things we can do together to improve safety in the area.  There are so many strategies to consider -

1   Re-starting the Neighborhood Walker/Watch Program
2   Starting a Communities on Patrol programs
3   Participating in the Crime Watch program with your own Crime Watchnumber
4   Publishing accurate crime statistics
5   Tracking and reporting problem areas
6   Developing relationships with nearby neighborhoods and businesses who share common safety goals
And more.....

These and other strategies are more than one individual or even one neighborhood can take on.  But as a group of neighborhoods faced with a terrifying increase in crime, we can organize across neighborhood lines and take back our streets.

Many of you have already indicated an interest in being a part of this important effort.  The next step is to decide which actions we will take as a community, which will be targeted to one or more communities, who will coordinate each part, and obtain more volunteers.

Several people from across the various neighborhoods have already started joining together to bring attention to our area.  We are inviting you to be a part of this movement to say "Enough is Enough!".  More details about that effort will be available at the February 15 meeting.

So spread the word about this meeting.  Let me know if you plan to attend and how many people you will bring.  Please contact me if you have any questions - pachner at att.net, (410)-467-1459.

We look forward to seeing you on February 15!!

Didon Pachner
pachner at att.net
410 467 1459