[Chat] Blogs and WiFi in CV

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Fri Feb 11 01:46:24 EST 2005

I really should start making a list of blogs by folks
in Charles Village and linking from CharlesVillage.info .

Here are two blogs that might interest you.

Josh Fruhling writes the "Comics Curmudgeon" at

http://joshreads.com/

It's a hilarious look at the Sunday Comics.
The first story on the page is titled

The Family Circus: Teaching your kids to plan for death since 1960

Rachel, a Hopkins undergrad, writes "The n Dimensions of Hypersurfaces" at

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hypersurfaces/  .

I finally, finally got around to connecting our Airport base station
for wireless networking.  It's an Airport Extreme, so if you're
within 150 feet of us, you may discover the "3040 Guilford" network.

When I started connecting, I was surprised to discover two other
wireless networks in range!  One from across the street named
"3035 Guillford" (sic) and another named "linksys" (an open network
actually).

I wonder how many wireless networks someone could find if they
went wardriving through Charles Village?  (Wardriving is the
term for driving around trying to pick up wireless signals
and pinpointing their location.  See http://www.wardriving.com
for more information.)

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org