[Chat] cell phone service

echalmers at mindspring.com echalmers at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 22 10:05:52 EST 2005

Even though I think Verizon is a great excuse for deregulation, I've been very happy with their cell phone service. I've never had anything to complain about except the cost, but that may have been because I had a $50/month plan and rarely used my cell phone. I'm much happier now with a prepaid phone, even though I had to change phone numbers (cell phone numbers are portable only among plans, it seems). Cost for the prepaid service is 10 cents a minute with a 25-cent charge for each call--pricy if you talk a lot, but a great deal if, like me, you don't.

My other plan was something around $35/month for 400 daytime minutes and unlimited everything else. With taxes and all it came to just under $50.

I've heard that Verizon Wireless is supposed to be the best in cell phoning, but then I've never used anything else. In around 3 years it functioned perfectly for me.

Emily