[Chat] films

crg langwidge at erols.com
Fri Feb 25 16:56:38 EST 2005

from the mayor's office

posted here by Christine Gray

More Good News: Baltimore appears on another top 10 list

The majority of us are familiar with Baltimore's stardom on the big screen
in last year's hit Ladder 49, while many of us can still recall our humble
beginnings in films like Diner or Polyester.

These films, and the countless others
<BLOCKED::http://www.bop.org/resources/up212.aspx>  in between, helped
Baltimore stake its claim to yet another top 10 list. Earlier this month,
the Baltimore Business Journal reported that Baltimore has been recognized
as one of the top 10 cities for independent filmmakers, according to a
recent issue of MovieMaker, an industry magazine.
http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2005/02/14/daily24.html?jst=b_l
n_hl
<BLOCKED::http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2005/02/14/daily24.ht
ml?jst=b_ln_hl>

While you might immediately think our charming neighborhoods or legendary
row homes were noted as our best assets, the critics recognized Baltimore's
"one-stop shopping" system, whereby city permits and fees are obtained in
one location, as quite the novelty. We shared this honor with the likes of
Chicago, New York, Seattle, and Los Angeles. For more information, check out
yesterday's Sunpaper's Op-Ed:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.movies24feb24,1,4012918
.story?coll=bal-oped-headlines
<BLOCKED::http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.movies24feb24
,1,4012918.story?coll=bal-oped-headlines>