[Chat] Re: [Discussion] sorry

Didon Pachner pachner at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 9 21:33:41 EST 2005

Hi All,

Here is a summary of the Neighborhood Walker meeting that was held tonight at 5pm.

6 people showed up and we discussed crime, police, and reviving the neighborhood walker
program.  Ideally we would like to revive the neighborhood walker program through the entire
Charles Village area but that would take a LOT of volunteers.  So far, we only have a handful.

So we decided to start small and start in Abell (since all 6 of us live in Abell).  We will begin by
asking the Abell leadership for support and looking for volunteers.

We are also thinking about posting crime statistics on the listserv on a regular schedule (depending
on how much work is involved).  We would obtain the statistics from the Baltimore police website
and would keep track of crime (by type) for the last two weeks, month, 6 months, and year.  We
know that some folks do not have access to the Internet, but for right now, this is the best we
can do.

Expect another meeting in a few weeks,

Didon