[Chat] Firebombing

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:55:16 EST 2005

It doesn't help to be discreet about naming the victim in the body of
your message if you don't delete her name from the subject line.

>>> gewirtz at bellatlantic.net 01/17/2005 2:15:11 PM >>>
Emily,

On the Discussion List, Matthew Weinstein suggested a community
candlelight vigil or series of vigils or rally of support for our
neighbor to be held soon.  Since you live much closer to our neighbor
than I do, and since it would be best if the immediate neighbors
organize such an event or events, can you either organize something or

get some of your neighbors to organize something, and let the rest of
us
know what is happening?  Thanks.

Steve.

Emily Chalmers wrote:

>In the interest of security, it would be best not to theorize on any
of the
>chat lists about whose house was firebombed.
>
>We can refer to the victim as "our neighbor," which is certainly what
the
>victim is--the house is all of two blocks from mine.
>
>Emily Chalmers
>echalmers at mindspring.com
>Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

Wyanoke