[Chat] Important!! Meeting Alert!!!

Didon Pachner pachner at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 24 20:38:27 EST 2005

Looking for Justice

Charles Village Civic Association

General Membership Meeting

Wednesday, January 26, 2005, at 7 PM

SS. Philip & James Church,

N. Charles Street between 28th & 29th Streets

Basement Meeting Room

Guests:

Leonard Hamm, Acting Commissioner, Baltimore City Police Department

Mrs. Patricia Coats Jessamy, State's Attorney for Baltimore City

Charles Village has had an upswing in property crimes such as auto break-ins and robberies in recent months. These were upsetting and the cause of much discussion and debate.

Then came the murders in the half-way house in neighboring Remington. Since Charles Village has so many half-way houses, both licensed and unlicensed, it seemed as if it had happened here.

The attempted firebombing in Harwood, where the communities overlap, brings even closer to home how what happens anywhere near here can affect us all.

CVCA asks all of our neighbors to join us at our January General Membership meeting to discuss actions we can take as a community to make it clear - this is OUR neighborhood. We live here and we will stay. Acting Police Commissioner Leonard Hamm and City State's Attorney Patricia Jessamy will be there. One item to be discussed is Mrs. Jessamy's proposal regarding witness intimidation. Attend the meeting and bring YOUR ideas with you!

For additional information, call

Beth Bullamore,

President, CVCA, at 410-366-8245