[Chat] Fw: Mastectomy Bill In Congress

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Fri Jan 28 00:22:13 EST 2005

Message
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: Mastectomy Bill In Congress

Please respond with just your name and zip code

Thanks

___________________________

Jacqui Matthews

Corporate Financial Manager

8100 Corporate Drive

Suite 400

Lanham, MD  20785

jmatthews at alionscience.com

Office:  301-918-1554

Cell:     703-944-1186

Breast Cancer Hospitalization Bill - Important

legislation for all women.

Please send this to everyone in your address book. If
there was ever a time when our voices and choices
should be heard, this is one of those times. If you
are receiving this it's because I think you will take
the 30 seconds to go and vote on this issue...and send
it on to others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient
Protection Act which will require insurance companies
to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay

 for patients undergoing a mastectomy.

It's about eliminating the "drive-through mastectomy"

 where women are forced to go home

 hours after surgery against the wishes of their doctor,

still groggy from anesthesia

and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web
page with a petition drive to show your support. Last
year over half the House signed on.
PLEASE!!!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web
site below. You need not give more than your name and
zip code number.

<http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_mastectomy_pledge.html>

 This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON to your friends and family.
THANKS