[Chat] Some neat stores

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jan 28 23:29:31 EST 2005

There is also a really good store for baby clothing and some other items
for babies called Raw Sugar (on the North side of Belvedere St.).
Sometimes a bit pricey, but excellent quality stuff.  Having an 18 month
old granddaughter, I am very glad that that store exists.

By the way, for kids 3 years and older, you can get some really nice
jigsaw puzzle books (books of puzzles made from photos of art works in
French museums) from www.amazon.fr , if you search for "art en puzzle".
Let me know if you want some help with a web site in French or if you
want to look at the puzzle books.  I first saw one in the museum store
at one of the French art museums and got it for a niece who loved it.
Since then, I got a set of 13 of them for about $100, but when I just
checked the web site, you could only get some individual ones for 6.65
euros each; also, since I got the batch of puzzle books to save them for
when my granddaughter is older, the dollar has sunk more against the
euro.  My favorite one is "Le cirque" (The Circus) with puzzles made
from photos of paintings of the circus, but I do not see it listed on
the amazon.fr web site.

Steve.