[Chat] ants in the village

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 6 23:48:10 EDT 2005

At 1:23 PM -0400 6/6/05, arjay wrote:
>John,
>
>I'm also having lots of ants.  I have never had them before.  I wonder what
>the mechanism is for them appearing.  Something to do with the strange spring?
>
>Arjay
>___

Emil and I are also having ant problems.  And it's strange, they seem
to mostly be wandering around aimlessly, not making a bee line
(or rather an ant line) for anything in particular.  Sometimes
they find a little crumb or spot of something and sort of
congregate there.  I've been trying to keep the counters
very clean and free of anything edible and like Dawna,
spraying the ants with detergent.  I think any kind will work.
I have a spray bottle of natural orange oil kitchen cleaner.

I had some luck when we lived in LA and had an ant problem,
with making a barrier from curry powder but then they were
coming over the doorsill under the kitchen door.  Now I can't
tell where they are coming in.  I fear for my honey jar!

-Kathleen