[Chat] BGE outage--6, not 30 hours

Emily Chalmers echalmers at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 17 10:57:15 EDT 2005

BGE states that the planned outage is 6 hours, not 30, and that new letters are being prepared telling affected customers that.

I was unable to learn whether BGE has a temperature ceiling that would automatically cancel the outage, but I plan to call the PUC and ask if there is one.

Sarah, for the record, although I told BGE about the couple next door, the rep did not inform me of any alternative plans for people like them. The letter I received also offered no information about any alternatives. I therefore deduce that BGE doesn't have any.

And yes, in this case I would go to a motel if the temperatures were high. I don't know where you live, but I have no cross-breezes, and the upstairs rooms are quite simply stifling.  I have an elderly cat and another that gets ill in heat waves, and I am not young. Rather than make us all ill, I would move out and am grateful that I have that alternative.

I am also fed up with these "planned outages," which have become a regular event. For what I pay BGE, I expect decent service.