[Chat] BGE outage

arjay arjay at bcpl.net
Fri Jun 17 11:19:19 EDT 2005

Chazville,

About 7 or 8 years ago all the power in CV went off for hours and hours during
daylight.  It was a rather amazing experience and so wonderfully quiet.  I had
never experienced it that quiet in CV before.  Regardless of the hours of the
day there is always a background hum of blowers and motors and machinery etc.
Even late at night before dozing off to sleep one can imagine being in a
submarine and hearing the sound of the motors and mechanicals.  I had no idea
of the extent to whick we are bombarded by sound that we have simply adjusted
to.

I liked the quiet adventure of all the audio annoyances of civilization
disappearing that day.  We should arrange to do it on purpose more often as
far as I am concerned.

I'm "up" for some electrical "down" time!

Arjay
_____

<Chat at charlesvillage.info> =====