[Chat] Old House Enthusiasts

OldHouseHistory at aol.com OldHouseHistory at aol.com
Tue May 31 14:05:07 EDT 2005

Old House Enthusiasts of Charles Village

Well, a working title, anyway.  Dawna suggested that I begin a
non-political, informal group to discuss old house renovation and old house  projects in
Charles Village....so I've decided to take the plunge.

I'm calling everyone with such an interest to gather for  an informal,
monthly meeting group to discuss renovation projects,  installations, ideas, and
problem solving onsite at a different old house in  Charles Village every month.
I think there might be much to glean from  others working on old houses in the
area, get ideas, share knowledge and  experiences, and to tour similar houses
that have been changed over  time.

I'll kick things off by discussing a project we undertook at our house;
turning one of those bookcases so common in CV into a wet bar.  I'm no
woodworking or plumbing expert, but it was a rather simple project done on  weekends in
my spare time.  So, we'll meet here and tour the house (largely  renovated
before we bought) and discuss the project over a drink.   Hopefully, someone will
offer to share a similar project in the month  following (July)!

Let's meet on June 14th (Flag Day) at 7 p.m. at 2629 Guilford; all are
welcome!

Paul & Greg

Paul K.  Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc.