[Chat] Fw: supplies for teachers - deadline is 12/15/05

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Mon Nov 21 12:34:31 EST 2005

 FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: pat bern [mailto:bernpat at hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 8:03 AM
To: pbern at comcast.net
Subject: supplies for teachers

Good Morning!
For the many who have already responded, thank you for helping raise
money  to purchase school supplies (see attached). For others, this is a gentle
reminder.

We have only a short window of time until the order is placed for
January's delivery. Buying in bulk literally doubles the dollar's buying power. As

there is no administrative cost involved, all the money raised goes
directly to helping teachers.

Please send a tax-deductible check to:
       TAG - Baltimore Community Foundation
       2 E. Read St.
       Baltimore, MD 21202

Thank you.
Pat Bernstein

HELP ALL OUR CHILDREN! (from Pat Bernstein)

            You may know that many of our Baltimore City Public School teachers dip into their own pockets to buy basic supplies for their students.  It is estimated that on the average, each teacher spends $500 to $1000 a year.

            Three years ago, I started a friend-to-friend "chain" e-mail asking for contribution to provide basic supplies

as a way of acknowledging appreciation for teachers. The result of this grassroots, all volunteer effort was both

overwhelming and heartwarming. The first year donations enabled 250 teachers to each receive supplies worth $65;

last year 465 teachers joyfully received goody bags each valued at $90.

            This year with the help of Mayor O'Malley, City agencies, and your contribution, we hope to raise sufficient

funds to distribute goody bags to 500 middle schools teachers in the City, each valued at $120.  Please consider

donating either money or supplies (dropped off at Baltimore City Police District offices). With no administrative overhead,

every penny and pencil goes directly to our City's neediest students. Your contribution in November will enable us to

order supplies in December and distribute them in January. And the ability to buy in bulk doubles the value of a

one dollar contribution.

            We've all been stretched to respond to compelling causes recently but please, PLEASE remember there is

need right here for our City's children. Help provide our teachers with this award and reward for their dedication.

DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH DECEMBER 15.

Partial Supply List

#2 Pencils                     (box of 12)         $2

Copy Paper                   (500/pkg)           $10

Scissors                       (blunt tip)           $2

Transparency Paper       (90/box)            $11

Construction paper         (50/pkg)            $3

TAX-DEDUCTIBLE Checks made payable to:  BCF Teacher Appreciation Gift

Mail contribution to: TAG - Baltimore Community Foundation

                               2 E. Read St.