[Chat] non profits

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Thu Oct 6 23:42:58 EDT 2005

Blankhi all,

I'm a bit confused. happens sometimes.
I remember being at community meetings where there was big opposition to the expansion of parole & probation. one  of the reasons given, if not the biggest reason given, was that there are to to many non profits in the area. made sense. after all non profits do not pay property taxes.
I was reading the benefit district news letter, or whatever it is called. I noticed an area which was welcoming new residents/businesses to the neighborhood.  a couple of the new neighbors were NON PROFITS. I don't recall any meetings to oppose these new non profits to the area because there were to many non profits. can any one out there shed some light on this for me?
thanks in advance       Judy