[Chat] Banff Mountain Film Festival in Baltimore on March 10

WeinsteinM at aol.com WeinsteinM at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 02:26:49 EST 2006

Last night I went for the first time to something called the World Tour of
the Banff Mountain Film Festival here in Salt Lake.   It was a pretty cool
experience, and it's coming to Baltimore on March 10th.

The Banff Mountain Film Festival takes place in Canada at Banff every fall,
made up of movies from all over the world about outdoor sports and recreation.
 Then the best films of the festival go on tour.   This year's tour includes
movies from three to 50 minutes about skiing, mountain climbing, cliff
climbing, paragliding, whitewater kayaking, base jumping, biking, and others.   Plus
there was a very funny mock-documentary about the excesses of consumption and
materialism among the American super-rich.

I'll paste in below the info for March 10th and a couple of the associated
websites.

-Matthew

www.banffmountainfestivals.ca
www.banffmountainfestivals.ca/tour/