[Chat] New System Bakery - added information

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Sun Jul 9 21:42:28 EDT 2006

 Posted for Rose of New Systems!!
  From: ravalerio at comcast.net
  To: Brad Schlegel ; Yahoo - BMOG ; Yahoo - St. Mark's ; Yahoo - GHCC ; I-Neighbors - wavebell ; I-Neigh CharlesVillage ; I-Neigh -BetterWaverly ; I-neigh - Waverly ; I-Neigh - EGLS ; CVChat ; CVDiscussion - new
  Cc: baker at newsystembakery.com
  Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 8:38 PM
  Subject: Re: New System Bakery - added information

  Hi All,
  Just a quick follow up to add that NSB is now serving breakfast, too.  Simple and well priced breakfast sandwiches, french toast and the like.
  Thanks so much for getting the word out.  The feedback over the past 2 days they've been open is how warm and inviting the new site is.  Folks are loving the warm donuts and danish early in the morning.  Breakfast food runs about $3 on average.  The goal is to be an affordable local spot.

  The bakery has been owned and operated  for the past 6 years by John and Debbie Ruthke, who are forth generation of the original owner who started the bakery on the avenue in 1921.  Most of the recipes are the same as offered 85 years ago.
  Hope to see you soon at the corner of Chestnut and 34th Street (where the Xmas lights are).  Stop by anytime but if you can get there early...lots of items are just coming out of the oven.

  Rose

    From: "Brad Schlegel" <william.schlegel at us.army.mil>

    New System Bakery is now open in its new location, which is on Chestnut Street across from Falkenham's Hardware in Hampden.

    Telephone  410-235-8852
    Postal address  3400 Chestnut Ave.  Baltimore Md. 21211
    Hours: 6-6 M-F
              : 7-5 Sat
               closed on Sunday

    This is a traditional bakery-nothing fancy at all-and has been in business in Hampden for over 75 years, I think.

    Christine Gray