[Chat] Recent crime, and the arrest of Keith Ray.

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 10 07:21:33 EDT 2006

Yesterday, an attempt was made to break into a house on the 300 block of
East 33rd Street.  The victim thought that the perpetrator was the same
person who has committed a number of violent crimes in and near Charles
Village.  However, with the arrest of Keith Ray Saturday night (article
from today's Sun below), it appears that the attempted break-in was
either an unrelated or a copycat crime.

A number of groups, led by City Council Member Mary Pat Clarke, are
asking that Mr. Ray be denied bail.  There is just too much risk that
someone will be killed if he is on the streets again.

We must all remain vigilant.  We must make sure that our homes are well
locked both when we are at home and when we are away.  If we take
reasonable precautions, we can stay safe.

Steve.