[Chat] Power outages

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jun 12 17:26:40 EDT 2006

Yesterday morning (I don't remember the exact time, but I think it was
around 6 a.m.), my power went off for about 4 minutes.

This evening, my power was off from about 5:00 to 5:10 p.m.

I am on the east side of the 3000 block of Guilford.  Each power outage
has required resetting several clocks.

How widespread are the outages?  Is BGE doing work on its transmission
lines?  What is going on?  The outages are certainly annoying, and it is
not hot enough today for summer brownouts.

On Feb. 17, there was a partial power outage here (half the circuits
were out -- one of the two hot wires coming into the house was dead);
it lasted about 5 hours.

Steve.