[Chat] [AIA Members] C V Saturated With "We Buy Houses" Signs

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Mon Mar 27 10:20:13 EST 2006

I remember some instructions from CV list, I think, about reporting
illegal signs to the city before you take them down, so people can be
fined.  Can anyone refresh our memories on this?

Linda

>>> Odette Ramos <odette_ramos at hotmail.com> 3/26/2006 9:15:52 AM >>>
Abell Improvement Association Members - You have probably noticed the
"We
Buy Houses" signs around here and around town.  It is a scam and do not
call
them.  There is documented evidence from others who have been scammed
around
town.  So please, ignore them, take them down, it's a scam.

below is a note from our resident realtor regarding this.  His note
reminded
me that I wanted to let you know about these.

Thanks

Odette

*********************
Odette T. Ramos
President, Abell Improvement Association
3001 Abell Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
odette_ramos at hotmail.com

<Discussion at charlesvillage.info>
>Subject: Re: [Discussion] C V Saturated With "We Buy Houses" Signs
>Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:30:17 +0000
>
>You've probably seen those infomercials on cable television telling
people
>how they can get rich in real estate. One of the techniques is to
identify
>homeowners facing financialproblems who risk losing their homes to
>foreclosure. Novices believe that posting "We
>Buy Houses" signs yields results and that the more signs you post, the
more
>propertiesyou will acquire. I've spoken with Arjay who has a tree
pruning
>tool that is perfect for removing the signs.
>In other neighborhoods residents jam the voice mailbox on the phone
number
>advertisedon the signs. I even know of one 'homeowner' who called the

>number telling the person
>to come by to look at the house. When the investor arrived she was
handed 2
>dozen "We
>Buy Houses" signs and told not to come back to Belair Edison.
>
>John
>

>Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:27:08 -0500From: salandjam at aol.comTo:
>Discussion at charlesvillage.infoSubject: [Discussion] C V Saturated With
"We
>Buy Houses" Signs
>

>Have any of you noticed the bright yellow "We Buy Houses" signs that
are
>saturating the C V commercial areas (33rd Street, Greenmount Avenue,
St.