[Chat] Wanted: Handyman/Carpenter/Advice--recommendations

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach at speakeasy.net
Wed May 3 00:29:02 EDT 2006

>Flooring: Old World Floors, in the phone book. People in CV have talked
>about Bobby Severe for years, and I'm here to say that he is the best. He
>refinished all the wood floors in my house, upstairs and down, and repaired
>stained and damaged areas. The floors look fantastic. Total cost
>$4200--about $1500 a floor and $700 for the stairs. He does repairs at $20
>a board.  For the record, my house is about 1400 sq. ft., all but the
>galley kitchen and baths with hardwood floors. Bobby may charge a bit more
>than others, but his work is worth every penny--and he is prompt, pleasant,
>and clean.

Hey Emily, when is the last time you used Old World Floors?  They did a great
job when we had all our floors redone when we bought this house in 2000.
I've tried to get a hold of them recently.  We had a radiator leak that
warped some boards and I'd like them replaced.  I've tried calling on
numerous occasion.  I left two unreturned messages and the last
couple of times it said that the mailbox was full and wasn't taking
any new messages.  I was worried that something happened to Bobby.
When I priced things out before, I didn't think he was more expensive.
A bunch of companies tried to tell me the floors were too thin to
be sanded but they'd be more than happy to sell me new floors.

-Kathleen
--
Kathleen Wilsbach
kwilsbach at mac.com