[Chat] Angie's List

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Wed May 3 23:27:32 EDT 2006

Hello, all,

If you want to see some service recommendations,
please visit the new Wiki I set up at this URL:

    http://www.charlesvillage.info/wiki/  .

I've started collecting service recommendations here.
At the moment, there are only two recommendations.
It might not be as slick as Angie's List, but it
won't cost anything ever.  Angie's List charges
$51 for a one-year subscription:

    https://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/Price.asp

If you give them information they keep it, but if you put
it on the Wiki, then it's accessible to everyone without
having to login or pay.

You can visit the Wiki without an account (login/password), but to
edit the Wiki, you do need to login.  Let me know if you want to try
out the Wiki, and I'll give you an account.  I'm still learning how to
use this software, so please think of this as work in progress.

--Emil

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:13:55PM -0700, Karen Morley wrote:
> No, you just have to register so you can login.  My only problem is
that although it's only in Baltimore, people have been naming
contractors all over the area........so some of them are not local.
However, you do register with your zip code so they can tell you how
far away the contractor is from your house.

--
Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck