[Chat] Fw: Smoke-Free Lobby Day - Nov 16th

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Mon Nov 13 11:44:31 EST 2006

Dear x,
FYI!

The campaign to make restaurants and bars in Baltimore smoke-free rages on. The Council President is on board, and recent conversations with other council-members show more and more leaning our way.

This Thursday, November 16th, we are holding a lobby day at City Hall. This is a chance for residents and advocates like you to ask your Baltimore City Council member to make all work and public places - including restaurants and bars - smoke-free.

I hope you can join us for this lobby day. Together we can send a strong message that Baltimore is ready to join New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Minneapolis, Chicago and the many other cities that are already smoke-free.

What:          Lobby Day

When:          Thursday,   November 16, 2007  5:30 - 7 p.m.

Where:         Baltimore City Hall - meet in the Reeves Room on 4th floor

                   100 North Holliday Street

                   Baltimore, MD  21202

                   (Be sure to bring a photo ID to get into City Hall)

Danelle Avery from American Cancer Society is coordinating this event. If you can make it, please RSVP to Danelle at davery at cancer.org or 410-933-5167 for more detail. Bring a friend!

Thank you again and I hope to see you on the 16th!

Johanna.

PS: Links to recent letters to the editor are below:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/letters/bal-ed.le.smokingban28oct28,0,546489.story?coll=bal-opinion-letters

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/letters/bal-ed.le.01nnov01,0,1470774.story?coll=bal-oped-headlines