[Chat] Attempted break in

Eric A. Perlman eric at yikes.com
Fri Oct 13 11:17:54 EDT 2006

There have been a lot of rocks, bottles, etc. thrown around our block
lately.   At first, I found it entertaining how one of the teenagers
chucked an open bottle of orange juice into my yard, which managed to
land perfectly in the fish pond as to float without it getting in
the water, phew...  I don't think fish like OJ.

But the next two glass bottles that I found way into my yard -- a good
30 feet or more from the fence -- have me ticked off.

I also noticed two rocks sitting on the roof portion over
my front porch -- definitely new as I had the roof recoated
a month ago -- again, I didn't think much of it, but now it
seems obvious that someone was trying to hit the windows...

I half wonder if this is the same group of 13-17 year olds
whose favorite hobby on Friday and Tuesday nights is knocking
over every single trash can in the neighborhood...

Your annoyed neighbor across the street,
Eric