[Chat] Last Will & Testament of Johns Hopkins - Baltimore, 1873 on eBay

Christine Gray langwidge at erols.com
Mon Oct 16 08:07:26 EDT 2006

David, thank you for updating me on what happened.  I asked my son to bid on
it for me because I don't have a paypal account.

He read the fine print, which I hadn't done, and said that it was not the
original.  Apparently, someone asked the seller if this was the only copy.
He replied that maybe 50 or so copies of a will were made at the time so
that people who were owed money could get a copy.

Surely, the university has the original will since it was through the will,
I believe, that Hopkins' money built the school and hospital.

I bid up to $120 and also intended to give it to the school.  Maybe we were
bidding against each other?

Christine Gray

  _____