[Chat] Fwd: Would-be rescuer stabbed 3 times

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:53:55 EDT 2007

The police response is indeed distressing. I am curious about the facts behind the
assault that was in progress when the good samaritans intervened. Does anyone know
if that was random? a robbery in progress? or possibly a drug deal gone bad or an
incident that started in a nearby bar or restaurant?

Many residents of Baltimore are comfortable knowing that because they're not involved in drug activity or a bad domestic relationship their chances of becoming thevictim of a violent crime are greatly reduced.

When you are a victim of crime statistics mean nothing. I was robbed at gunpoint in 1998 right in front of my house. Coincidentally there was an off-duty police officer parked in the garage less than 50 feet from my home at the time. When I ran to his vehicle after the incident he was reluctant to get involved. When I told a few friends about being robbed, one responded, "I remember the first time I got mugged." as if he was meant, '"Welcome to the club."

John

From: dwilliamsjhu02 at hotmail.comTo: Chat at charlesvillage.infoDate: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:09:53 +0000Subject: Re: [Chat] Fwd: Would-be rescuer stabbed 3 times

I agree, this is totally distressing.  I suppose that we should be prepared or should we hope for the "blue light camera" invasion of Charles Village.